24. Charity knitting. Partially complete.
This is marked as "partially" complete, because I never sent my completed project off. Fortunately I know where the squares are (knit in 2011!) and the company is still accepting so I am going to send them this year. The company is Knit-A-Square, a company that strives to keep warm and comfort children orphaned by AIDS in South Africa.
I also plan to knit a few hats for protesters against the Dakota Access Pipeline, most notably at Standing Rock. There is a Standing Rock Hat from Lavanya Patricella and information on Ravelry you can find here.
25. Knitting with soy yarn. Incomplete.
I haven't used it yet, but have two skeins of Patons Soy Wool Stripes in my stash. (Sadly discontinued.) Remember back in 2006 when everyone was snatching this up to make Calorimetrys?
|(c) Kathryn Schoendorf via Ravelry|
Since my current hairstyle of choice is space buns, I can't wear hats, and I have been looking for something to keep my ears warm. I think I'll have to whip up a few of these after Christmas.
26. Cardigan. Incomplete.
I suppose the sweater, Chantal, I talked about in part 2 counts more as a cardigan than a sweater as a cardigan is a knit sweater that fastens down the front. I do have plans to knit sweaters though.
27. Toy/doll clothing. Complete.
I've knit a quite a few things for Blythe, my favorites being this hoodie and sweater:
|Complete with a big hood for big Blythe heads.|
|(c) mellow is me via Flickr|
28. Knitting with circular needles. Complete.
With help from Ravelry, I found the first project I knit in the round with circs back in 2008 for my boyfriend at the time. It was my also first time using DPNs, too.
My first, a pair of Saartjee's Bootees:
and most recent, a blanket for a friend from high school:
30. Knitting with your own handspun yarn. Incomplete.
Though I own a drop spindle and roving, I haven't used it yet.
31. Knitting with your own hand-dyed yarn. Incomplete.
I've hand-dyed my own yarn, using Kool-Aid, but I haven't used it yet.
32. Slippers. Incomplete.
33. Graffiti knitting. (Yarnbombing) Incomplete.
34. Designing knitted garments. Incomplete.
35. Lace patterns. Incomplete.
But I have knit a lace practice swatch in cotton in preparation for a scarf.
Part three of the knitter's bucket list is as follows:
- charity knitting
- knitting with soy yarn
- ✓ toy/doll clothing
- ✓ knitting with circular needles
- ✓ baby items
- knitting with your own handspun yarn
- knitting with your own hand-dyed yarn
- graffiti knitting
- designing knitted garments
- lace patterns
Part 1 | Part 2