Throwback Thursday: Los Angeles

I'd be safe and warm, if I was in L.A. 
(The Mamas and the Papas)

Almost one year ago today I was in Los Angeles, California celebrating a friend's birthday.  In between the partying and museums, I managed to sneak in a visit to a yarn store.  Lucky for me, our Airbnb was about three blocks away from a fabulous LYS, The Altered Stitch.

Have a quick look around:


Although I wanted to buy the whole store, lucky for me, they had a sidewalk sale where they had beautiful yarn marked all the way down to a dollar.  $50 bought me some gorgeous skeins and an issue of Vogue Knitting.



I bought four skeins of Hachito by Mirasol Yarns.  It's an 80% wool, 20% nylon superwash merino wool blend.


I'm not sure what the colorways are, but they're gorgeous aren't they? I'm not sure what to make, but a quick search on Ravelry yielded some ideas that I'll share on this weekend's Showcase. 

Next I bought two skeins of Delicious Yarns Taffy in Butter Cream, a creamy white superwash merino with splotches of pink and brown.  They're from Valley Village, California, the area where we were. Yay for local yarns!


And then I found two skeins of 100% silk from India, Duke by Silkindian.  It was originally $29.75, and I scored them both for $5.


It was an adorable store, and I highly recommend it.  I hope to return there, and to Los Angeles sometime in 2017.

To see my photos from the trip, check out my photography website HERE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along :: The Underground Railroad

Yarn Along :: Trout Fishing in America

Yarn Along :: The Exorcist