Under the Boardwalk

The other day, I saw Felted Button was playing around with Lion Brand's Landscapes (new aran) yarn in Boardwalk, making bitty squares.


Luckily for me, I had a skein left from my Rainbow Ridges Hat and got to work.  I looked through books and online trying to find a different motif than a traditional granny square, but settled on them anyway.  A two-round granny takes up almost a whole color repeat, so I had a nice rainbow of colors.


I wasn't sure what to do with them.  I suspect Felted Button is making a blanket, but I already have around 15 in various stages of completion and didn't want to buy a lot more yarn.  So I decided on a pillow cushion cover.


Can we talk about how fabulous this colorway is?  A beautiful bright rainbow of colors that seamlessly flow into the next. 


I'll definitely be buying more of this colorway in the future.

I did break down and buy some yarn, Landscapes in Black, as I wanted to stick with the same yarn for this project.

I wasn't sure how to join them, but decided to just stick with the grannies, and I love the way it's turning out.


Bright and colorful, the black really makes the rainbow colors *pop.*

For the back I'm planning on doing a single color granny square in the middle and then all black.  I'm not sure if I'm going to make one big granny square or multiple little ones, but I'll figure that out in days to come. 

Comments

  1. Such pretty yarn, and you're right the black really makes it pop! Can't wait to see the cushion cover finished! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, I want to make so much with this stuff in this colorway. :p

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along :: The Underground Railroad

Yarn Along :: Trout Fishing in America

Yarn Along :: The Exorcist