FO Friday: A Bauble



Crochet Christmas Bauble by Ollie & Bella
Yarn: Lily Sugar 'N Cream in Hot Pink, Hot Orange, Hot Green, Hot Blue; Lily Sugar 'N Cream Denim in Indigo
Hook: US H (5.00 mm)
Size: it covers a 3 inch styrofoam ball
Started: November 5, 2016
Finished: November 18, 2016

This was a fun crochet, and I like how it came out, but it was a Major Pain try to single crochet the two sides together around the styrofoam ball.  So much of a pain, in fact, I'm not sure if I'm going to make any more, even though I have five more styrofoam balls.  Maybe I'll whip stitch it around the ball instead.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Mine was cold and quiet, spent at home with family and good food.  Now knitting and crocheting for Christmas needs to take place in earnest.  I have been spending my evenings feverishly working on my Nordic Shawl, ignoring this blog (I haven't forgotten about the knitter's bucket list series!) in the meantime, but now I really need to get started on those.

I went to one of my local yarn stores (LYS), fibre space, located in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia, and picked up some yarn.



The three skeins on the left are Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok, and the blue-with-purple-flecks is Berroco Vintage DK.  All of these are destined to become hats, and I have more planned, a project for this month I've titled the Mad Hatter Project, as I'm not sure how, but somehow will have to manage to, to knit four hats before Christmas.  Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along :: The Underground Railroad

Yarn Along :: Trout Fishing in America

Yarn Along :: The Exorcist