FO Friday: Mad Hatter Project Part I: Basic Norwegian Star Hat

The Mad Hatter Project (I must be mad to think I can knit four hats, among other things, before Christmas) is a quarter of the way complete!  It didn't take me long to knit the first one, and I'm much more confident I can get the three others finished.  Those will be gifts; this was a practice hat, and I'm very glad I decided to test it first!




Basic Norwegian Star Hat by Cara Jo Miller

Yarn: Paton's Classic Wool Merino in Black and Magnolia
Needles: US 5 (3.75 mm) and US 6 (4.00 mm)
Size: adult, a bit snug
Date started: November 26, 2016
Date finished: December 5, 2016

I decided to test knit this pattern because the first time I knit Fair Isle it didn't turn out that well.  This time it came out looking great, but my tension was too tight so it's a touch small and doesn't stretch.  I think for the next hat I'll go up two needle sizes for the Fair Isle part.

I also won't knit as much ribbing, maybe an inch and a half instead of two, as this one comes down and covers the top rim of my glasses and isn't long enough to roll.

How is your Christmas stitching coming along?

πŸ’— OPH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along :: The Underground Railroad

Yarn Along :: Trout Fishing in America

Yarn Along :: The Exorcist