The In Between

The days in between Christmas and New Year's are always a bit weird. The Christmas tree is still up, but all the presents underneath are opened; Christmas lights sparkle through the skeletal trees as the sun sets at 4.30 PM, but there's a noticeable lack of Christmas music.  I've been enjoying using and showing off my new gifts, but there's a sadness that has descended, as I realize that what has been making me anxious for months is already over, skipped quickly by in one day.


I had a delightful low-key Christmas.  Christmas Eve I spent in the kitchen, making deviled eggs, a raspberry cream cheese coffee cake, and cranberry mimosa cupcakes, none of which I took a picture of, but they were al quite delicious.  Christmas Day was slow and easy, a large portion was spent eating a yummy brunch and opening gifts.  Hand made ones were well received, even if they were given half finished with yarn and a hook attached!

This is what my mom received,



Granny Square Blanket
Border #93 by Edie Eckman

Yarn: Ice Yarns Baby Fun Colors; Red Heart Super Saver in Aran
Hook: US H (5.00 mm)





Cozy Snuggly Warm Hands by Make.E Shop
Yarn: Bernat Softee Chunky in Lavender; Brown Sheep Burly Spun in Purple
Hook: US L (8.00 mm)

For the days leading up to 2017 I've been working on my dad's blanket,



I have a long list of projects to keep me busy in 2017, and I'm looking forward to diving in.

How was your holiday?

💗 OPH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along :: The Underground Railroad

Yarn Along :: Trout Fishing in America

Yarn Along :: The Exorcist